Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Friends and Colleagues

Today was a rewarding day in Punta Gorda as I got to see our enthusiastic new learning coaches begin their work with teachers from surrounding schools outlining the new math and science curriculum. I spent the day travelling from classroom to classroom doing breakout sessions on assessment strategies. 

Although it is near the end of my journey here in Punta Gorda, I feel the connections I have made  with the teachers both as colleagues and new friends  make me feel like I am just beginning to settle into a collaborative working partnership with a teaching staff that I am part of. It has become a warm and friendly community where we share experiences as teachers with a lot of laughter and camaraderie thrown in. 

Even though I know it is almost time to return home, I feel I am not quite ready to leave my Belizean friends and that there is much here for me to share and to learn.

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment