Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dancing in Dangriga


After recieving a warm welcome from the Dangriga Rotary club, we settled in at Miss Grace's house.  Miss Grace hosted a wonderful supper with many members attending.(she is spoiling us! I'll have to readjust once I return to Canada)  On Sunday the Rotary club invited us to attend a first class performance by the Garafuna Music and Dance group out of Dangriga.  The drumming and dance choreography was unbelievable.  Workshops started Monday morning with both Nicole and I recieving large classes.  Nicole was able to run her class for the morning session.   I had to move my session to the Junior College across the school grounds and then I started my session.  At noon workshops were postponed until further notice.  While weathering the storm over the last couple days we have had planning meetings with our teacher facilators which is turning out to be very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment